About Cider Australia
Cider Australia is an independent, not-for-profit organisation funded by cider businesses and sponsors. We aim to build a sustainable cider category by undertaking activities that improve the quality of ciders produced and marketed in Australia.
We represent the interests of the cider industry to policy makers, calling for regulations and policies that support a diverse and evolving cider industry. We run the annual Australian Cider Awards – the largest cider competition in Australia – which is leading the standardisation and improvement of cider judging across the country. We educate and showcase the industry through the annual Australian Cider Conference (AusCider) and a range of technical and sensory cider education events.
The objects of Cider Australia are to:
- represent the interests of Australian cider makers on national and international issues affecting the cider industry through a single organisation
- encourage professional and technical development, information sharing and benchmarking within the cider industry in Australia
- actively promote the cider industry and create marketing opportunities and strategies to assist producers to grow their businesses
- provide a central point of contact for the cider industry and foster intra-industry discussion and action
- facilitate policy development and present the common views of the industry to government and other bodies
- educate consumers about cider and perry production and responsible consumption
- provide relevant information to Members
Cider Australia was established in 2012 after a group of cider and perry producers met in Orange, NSW in September 2011 and Healesville, VIC in January 2012 and agreed to form a united national association.
Cider Australia was formally incorporated under NSW law in 2013, and registered as a national body through the Australian Securities and Investment Commission the following year.