Calling all new and experienced cider exporters
16 Dec 2019
Register your interest in exhibiting at an in-market Cider Australia event
Craft cider producers who are looking to market their brands overseas are invited to register their interest for an in-market Cider Australia event in 2020.
The event would be an opportunity to launch the ‘100% Australian Grown’ trust mark and brand proposition, which were developed as part of a $500,000 investment from the Australian Government’s $50 million Export and Regional Wine Support Package (the $50m Package) to market and grow Australian craft cider internationally.
By launching the trust mark in market, cider producers would be educating distributors and importers about the quality and origin of Australian craft cider ingredients and raising the profile of the category as a premium product.
- The event would be part of a larger campaign to build a sustainable cider industry in Australia and establish an export market for local brands.
- Wine Australia would invest $50m Package funds in the event to subsidise the user pays element.
- Costs to exhibitors would include participation fees (approx. $3,000–$3,500, plus shipping costs and travel, accommodation and daily expenses).
- A May/June 2020 timeframe would be preferable, given the $50m Package ends June 2020.
- In selecting the event location, consideration would be given to Cider Australia’s target markets (i.e. China, Japan, UK and USA) and opportunities to leverage other events.
- An event format that enables cider tastings and networking would be ideal.
- The target audience would be distributors and importers in market.
- Export-readiness training would be offered to participating cider producers prior to the event (and would be covered by the participation fee). The training would include guidance on how to apply the brand proposition and trust mark in the chosen market.
Cider producer participation
Participating cider producers would need to:
- register their trade mark in the relevant market
- be currently exporting or looking to establish export markets for their brand(s)
- have product available for shipment in early 2020 (end of January approx.), and
- consent to Wine Australia and Cider Australia managing communication, development and execution of all marketing activity associated with the event.
Please register your interest via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday 20 December 2019.
For more information about the trust mark and brand proposition, visit https://www.cideraustralia.org.au/backtoearth