Australian Cider Awards
The Australian Cider Awards is at the cutting edge of cider judging in Australia. It is judged by an expert panel of 5 judges and 2 associate judges and is well respected nationally and internationally. The Awards is the largest cider show in Australia . In 2016 more than 200 local and international cider and perry products entered the show.
The Australian Cider Awards is run by an experienced committee of volunteers led by Nyall Condon, Cidermaker at Flying Brick Cider Co, Chief Steward of the Australian Cider Awards and Secretary of Cider Australia.
On behalf of Cider Australia, the organising committee is responsible for all aspects of the Awards. The team:
- manages the organisation and funding of the Awards
- sets the Award classes and rules
- establishes a highly qualified judging panel comprising 5 judges and 2 associate judges
- undertakes marketing & promotion activities
- manages logistics on the ground prior to, during and after the judging
- runs educational and training seminars in conjunction with the Awards